Sleep Apnea and Nasopharyngeal Cancer

There are over a hundred thousand people in Hong Kong whose life is suffering from Sleep Apnea. Many of them did not even know they have Sleep Apnea, disrupting their daily life and mental health.

Sleep Apnea Assessment
$9,800
Nasopharyngeal Cancer Tests
$9,800
Consequences of Sleep Apnea

Apart from the deafening snore, patients may often suffer from general fatigue that will affect daily social interaction, and it is harmful to their health in the long term, so it should not be underestimated. Also, as patients suffer from hypoxia and vasoconstriction during sleep, the chances of developing high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke are greatly increased.

Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Over 80% of patient suffered from Obstructive Sleep Apnea, it mainly due to obstruction caused by excessive fat tissue in the upper respiratory tract, upper respiratory tract and mandibular structure or Nasal Polyp. The other 20% become the Central Sleep Apnea, which can be caused by stroke or heart disease.

Positive Airway Pressure

The Positive Airway Pressure is the most effective and safest treatment for Sleep Apnea. Patient wears it during sleep time, the Positive Airway Pressure will create air pressure and open up excess tissue that blocks the respiratory tract. However, about half of the patients could not accept the powerful air pressure of the instrument and choose to undergo other treatment options such as surgery.

Sleep Study

Sleep Study could be performed at home or in a hospital to determine if you diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. We will arrange a dedicated colleague to bring the instrument to the door to provide sleep apnea testing services. The report will directly be sent to our clinic, and will be explained by our specialist.